Born out of successful experiences in programme and project management, CPMS has strategically opened an engineering and construction business unit. We strongly believe we can add value and make a difference to this area of the industry through providing a professional tier 1 service lower down the supply chain.
We specialise in providing full design and build solutions for railway construction activities and work directly for clients and third parties. Our railway experience helps clients understand the unique processes and procedures within the railway industry, helping to translate and ease the path towards successfully delivery.
Our engineering team offers the following services:
• Surveys such as topographical, alignment and asset inspections
• Constructability studies - greenfield, brownfield, infrastructure / operator interface
• Engineering support staff
Our construction team presents a competitive option for clients looking to deliver packages of work from £50,000 to £1m in the following disciplines:
• Civils - route works, foundations, structures, vegetation clearance
• Track – heavy maintenance and single component renewals
• Signaling – installation, test and commissioning new works under A110 / A210
• Construction management, engineering and supervision staff to support mobilisation and delivery of projects.
Early involvement during development has helped to incorporate value engineering and streamline buildability for many of our clients.
Wensum Curve track connection - Abellio Greater Anglia
CPMS renewed a section of track on the Wensum Curve near Norwich Station between Crown Point Depot and the Norwich to Lowestoft line.
This section of railway was originally installed in 1928 and connects the mainline to five sidings. CPMS delivered modifications to the track, restoring connection of five disused sidings to the mainline. This new connection will ensure the Wensum Curve is suited to its new role within a modern network.