Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
At CPMS equality, diversity & inclusion is about recognising that everyone has unique qualities that should be celebrated and supported. We are smart alone but together we are genius. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our brand identity and our reputation, this is supported by our EDI focus group.
We are proud members of the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion charter launched by the Railway Industry Association and Women in Rail to champion equality, diversity, and inclusion in the UK rail sector. At CPMS we are looking forward to actioning our commitments and playing a role in the promotion of a positive change and building a more balanced, fair and high performing railway sector in the UK and for generations to come.
CPMS pledges to promote equality, diversity and inclusion by:
- Appointing a member of the senior leadership team as an ‘EDI Champion’.
- Agreeing an action plan and monitoring progress made, including in RIA’s annual reporting to their AGM and Women in Rail’s annual report. Also, progress to be demonstrated on RIA, Women in Rail, and signatories’ websites.
- Providing opportunities for training and education of employees to help tackle unconscious bias and negative behaviours within workforces.
- Creating a culture that fosters inclusion and encourages “quiet voices”, including at industry events and in meetings for instance, through 360 feedback on senior and executive teams and reverse mentoring, thus providing a safe space for all employees to talk openly.
- Making recruitment and progression processes accessible and attractive to all to attract, retain and develop people of all backgrounds, ages, genders and identities.
CPMS is proud to be supporting the Give a Laptop Scheme. Last year BBC radio stations helped members of the public donate thousands of old laptops and tablets for schoolchildren to use across England. For those pupils, who were sharing devices at home or did not have devices to use it made a huge difference. […]
Throughout January the CPMS team will be taking part in Run the Month. A marathon challenge to raise awareness and funds for lifesaving research and to support services for men and their families affected by prostate cancer. The team will be running, jogging, walking and even cycling to reach the 26.2 miles! Good luck team! […]
CPMS is proud members of the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion charter launched by the Railway Industry Association and Women in Rail to champion equality, diversity, and inclusion in the UK rail sector. At CPMS we are looking forward to actioning our commitments and playing a role in the promotion of a positive change and building […]
CPMS supported Samaritans, taking part in Brew Monday. Brew Monday is Samaritans’ annual fundraising campaign to bring people together. It kicks off on 18 January 2021, the third Monday in January, which is usually known as ‘Blue Monday’. The 18th January is usually known as ‘Blue Monday’ however Samaritans aim to turn this on its […]
Our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion team was empowered to create a visual guide to support everyone on an inter-sectional approach to ally-ship, considering both the individual and combined impact of protected characteristics, and how we can all do more to support each other. Since then, CPMS has not only launched a review of its internal […]
CPMS are proud supporters of Purple Tuesday, a change programme for all organisations and sectors to get involved with the common goal of improving the customer experience for disabled people 365 days a year. In the UK alone, the Purple Pound – the spending power of disabled people and their families – is worth a […]