Women in Rail / RIA EDI Charter
CPMS is proud members of the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion charter launched by the Railway Industry Association and Women in Rail to champion equality, diversity, and inclusion in the UK rail sector. At CPMS we are looking forward to actioning our commitments and playing a role in the promotion of a positive change and building a more balanced, fair and high performing railway sector in the UK and for generations to come.
CPMS pledges to promote equality, diversity and inclusion by:
- Appointing a member of the senior leadership team as an ‘EDI Champion’.
- Agreeing an action plan and monitoring progress made, including in RIA’s annual reporting to their AGM and Women in Rail’s annual report. Also, progress to be demonstrated on RIA, Women in Rail, and signatories’ websites.
- Providing opportunities for training and education of employees to help tackle unconscious bias and negative behaviours within workforces.
- Creating a culture that fosters inclusion and encourages “quiet voices”, including at industry events and in meetings for instance, through 360 feedback on senior and executive teams and reverse mentoring, thus providing a safe space for all employees to talk openly.
- Making recruitment and progression processes accessible and attractive to all to attract, retain and develop people of all backgrounds, ages, genders and identities.