Role: Commercial Manager / Quantity Surveyor
Location: Southern, Eastern, Western Regions
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Vacancy Reference: 2021-3518
In this role you will work with our key rail client base, with the opportunity to provide the full range commercial support services, from cost planning, procurement, post-contract management through to project closeout, on projects ranging from £250k up to and including £100m+.
You will work as part of our commercial service group, supporting our clients to ensure project cost and contractual compliance is delivered. You may have Assistant Commercial Manager colleagues to supervise/manage.
- Proactively supporting our clients programme and project teams to ensure alignment with corporate governance.
- Monitoring, managing and reporting on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to Project Manager, Programme Commercial Manager and/or Senior Commercial Manager.
- Monitoring and recording all site/project-based activities in order to collaboratively influence decision making from a commercial perspective.
- Attending all progress meetings to actively influence commercial behaviours, delivery and activity.
- Managing the assessment and valuation of supply chain applications, processing payments and certification in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions.
- Providing pro-active advice on all project and programme related change, including full capture of revised scope and recommending appropriate action. Production of all necessary documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority.
- Identifying and advising on all commercial risk/claim events.
- Providing ad-hoc management information and analysis to promote informed decision- making.
- Producing commercial correspondence and contractual notices for issue in accordance with contractual conditions.
- Undertake and supporting project final account negotiation through to formal closeout in accordance with corporate governance.
- Supporting demonstration of efficiencies, continual improvement, and commercial industry best practice.
- Providing support to estimating resources, offering guidance and advice on project scale/scope as required.
- Full participate in the associated quantitative cost risk assessment (QCRA), value management and value engineering workshops, as required.
- Have experience of working on rail projects within the UK (This could be from working with or alongside Network Rail, London Underground, hs1, Transport for London/Wales or their supply chain)
- Have a detailed understanding of industry standard and bespoke forms of railway, infrastructure and construction contracts. (NEC / JCT / ICC)
- Member of a relevant professional institute.
- Ability to manage a team of commercial assistants, and graduate level surveyors
Degree or equivalent
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion:
We at CPMS are an Equal Opportunities employer and we recognise the value of a Diverse Organisation. CPMS appreciate all job applications. If you decide to apply for an opportunity at CPMS, your application will be assessed based purely on your experience, the essential and desirable criteria, and your suitability for the role. We value each and everyone’s contribution as this builds our culture and means, if you work for CPMS you will be included, listened to, and respected.
Some of our clients require that all colleagues working with them undertake a DBS check. We will advise you if this is necessary
To Apply For This Role:
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org , please put the job reference number in the subject line.